General

1. .NET Standard compatibility

Hello,
    I suggest you make your library compatible with .NET standard
    Is it already planned ? If yes, can we know the deadline ?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The library is already compatible with netstandard. You can use it in a netstandard 2.0 library. You may need either the latest version of Visual Studio 2017, or in VS2015 add the Compatibility nuget. Check the Microsoft doc, or schedule a personal assistance request to our expert with screen sharing at hackhands.com/benji/

2. Sketch Svg Support

Testing a simple svg exported from Sketch on Xam Forms on iOS displays nothing. I made a simple rectangle in Sketch with a black background and 50% opacity. I exported the artboard as an SVG, I then used this as an embedded resource in my core project. When I tried to create an SvgImage source and bind it to an image it displayed nothing. When I took the exact same rectangle and pasted it into Paintcode and exported that as an svg it worked. Im not sure if there is something I can do to make Sketch output svg's that…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Dynamically loaded svg in forms

I previously had an image inside of a relative layout. The layout constraints set the image width and height. How can I change this to a dynamically loaded svg? I tried putting an SvgImage instead of Image and then I tried databinding the Svg to my viewmodel. In the viewmodel I tried passing in a res: string, a ImageSource (but creating that wouldnt work because at the time of assignment I dont know the width), a string of string:<svg... I can't get anything to work. Can you explain how I can accomplish this?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Fix proportional rendering on android using latest xam.forms build 1.5.1.6471

I built the libs from the source but used the latest versions of xam.forms. On android (and Im not sure if this worked in previous version) setting the SvgImage HeightRequest or WidthRequest results in an out of proportion image. Setting both values doesnt work unless you know the proportion. This is being used in a stacklayout. The iOS version renders as expected, in proportion.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. SVGFactory.FromReader return a blank UIImage for some SVG strings on Xamarin.IOS

I am using SvgFactory.FromReader to create a UIImage object from SVG strings with a TextReader. It works properly for a lot of SVG strings, however, I have run into a few cases where the UIImage I get back looks blank (it's not null, just looks blank when rendered). Currently using XamSvg 1.5.0

I have an example SVG with this symptom is at http://bit.ly/1L6i9GR

The relevant parts of my code:

UIImage image = null;
    using (var textReader = new StringReader(stringFromMySvgExample))
    {

image = SvgFactory.FromReader(textReader, 276, 44);

}

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Windows 8 support for metro apps